- Detecting whenever person carrying an android device fall, for medical emergencies and alerts
- Monitoring android phone’s accelerometer, gyro meter and orientation sensor to sense orientation in 3D space.
- Designing simpler algorithm for low false positive and false negative alarms and higher computational efficiency.
- To reduce the impact of accidents.
- The second most common reason for accidents are FALLS
- Problem: How would you tell if a person has fallen?
- Each year, one in every three adults age 65 and older falls.
- In 2013, 2.3 million nonfatal fall injuries among older adults were treated in emergency departments and more than 662,000 of these patients were hospitalized. – Source : cdc.gov
- Android Mobile App with simple User Interface
- Using Orientation sensor, accelerometer and gyroscope on the phone
- Showing status of the App whether in fall detection mode or not
Following alerts are triggered whenever a fall is detected:
- Phone call to the attendant/relative/emergency contact/emergency services
- Email to the attendant/relative/emergency contact/emergency services
- Text SMS to the attendant/relative/emergency contact/emergency services
- Message on the Dashboard
The above alerts not only states that the person has fallen and require assistance, but also the location of the person using the GPS system in the phone.
Can be used by:
- Health Care
- Families with elderly patients
- Hikers and Mountain Climbers
Alert message on the Dashboard
Wearable version of the device